The NRC is once again holding an Advanced Refereeing Course during the weekend 1st – 3rd of April in NUIG. The course will take place around the College Intervarsity tournament which ensures a good standard of competitive games.
The Advanced course contains both theory and practical elements with on-going assessment and feedback over the weekend. The course is open to any registered official who wishes to advance from Grade 3 to Grade 2, and is considered extremely beneficial to those officials who are interested in progressing onto the National League Panel.
The objectives for the Advanced Referee Course include:
- Recognise complex issues relating to cooperation between the referees, the table officials and the commissioner
- Demonstrate agility and physical fitness
- Preparation for assessment
- Practice aspects of mental and emotional preparation
- Recognise situations involving critical judgments regarding the application of the rules
- Practice decision-making skills
We have a limited number of places available on the course, so if you are looking for advancement or you feel this would benefit you we would be delighted to hear from you before 10th March to ensure your place.
What you’ll need to bring with you:
- A Memory Stick. If you would like the FIBA Training Materials, we can upload them onto a memory stick for you. It should be at least 8Gb
- Referees Gear
- Showering Gear
- Writing Materials
- Gym Gear-Mechanics Session
- Very Important – €60 Course Fee
- Rule Book and Interpretations
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your expression of interest.
NRC Development Officer